When we look at television shows or movies, it looks like it is fast and easy to build a house but in real life, it is not that simple. Of course, if they film it, they have to cut the process so you don't see everything. But in reality, you must go through the whole process before you'll be able to see the house that you want. This is a summary of house building. It isn't complete but it is just an overview of things:
• Know where you want to build a house and picture in your mind or draw how you want your house to look like.
• Hire people to do the job (architects, engineers, contractors, carpenters, painters, etc).
• Let those people know how you want your house to be. You have to be open and communicate with them well so you will get the result that you want.
• Since you are building from scratch, you must be aware or at least know what will they be building first (foundation, basement, floor, walls, roof, windows, doors, etc) It will start from the foundation going up and slowly work on the insides and interiors of the house which would include plumbing and electricity.
• Once the house is built, then interior designers would enter the picture. They would make the house look more beautiful inside.
This is really a very short and just a summary on what really happens during the process. There are a lot of things that would happen in between that owners should be aware of. Owners must be involved with the process. They could visit the site so they know the progress so they would be happier with the end result.